1) From the beginning, existence has centered on light, darkness and spirit.
2) Light and darkness existed together, in union, before God separated them.
3) God specifically declares the light “good,” but does not make the same declaration about the dark until the sixth day when looking back on all that he created and declaring everything he made “very good.”
4) There was evening and morning (the second day) before there was sun, moon and stars (on the fourth day.)
5) God says “Let us make man in OUR image, after our likeness.” This is a reference to the Holy Trinity: Father, son and Holy Spirit. Men and women are therefore spiritual beings. (The Hebrew word used here for man includes both men and women and refers to the entire human race.)
6) God blessed humankind.
7) The first 13 verses of the Bible: the world has light but has no sun. The last 26 verses of the Bible: the world has light but has no sun.